Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stuff, People, Things (Busy)

I've been in Korea for exactly 3 Months (which means I'll be visiting home in exactly 1 month).

Stuff, Things, People (Make up my life)









The Park is looking festive.



B-boy




Jussi





..and his Obama socks






...and the biggest dog in Korea







It's spelled wrong but close enough.








Favorite mascot for a restaurant ever.





















































Singing and dancing to "With Open Arms" by Journey






My Noona, Trash :D







...Whatever That Means won their Battle of the Bands round.





I'm turning 21 this week. On the other side of the world, I am blessed to be surrounded with friends on this day. This day I will celebrate nearly 5 trying, blood, sweat, and tears-filled, hard-fought years of being Straight Edge. Over the past 5 years, I've seen friends and family lose control to the bottle and substance abuse. I've seen lovers come and go, friendships grow and fade, ambitions only grow stronger, but my Edge was always with me--when I first heard the song, "Straight Edge", by Minor Threat and it meant something to me-- when on a Sunday afternoon sitting at my desk in my room in Johnson Creek, WI, I promised to myself I'd never use the crutch this world was forcing upon me that I never needed--when in my cold pickup in a WI winter I saw a drunk driving accident that left the freshly-falling snow stained red--When watching friends I've known since Kindergarten throwing away their youth and futures for a quick high or buzz--When hearing on a gray winter morning that my family would never be whole again--Straight Edge was always there and will always be part of my life.
Now, in the midst of one of the world's strongest drinking cultures (In Korea and at the UW), I've found amazing friends who accept me for who I am and who would never have me any other way.
No one can take this from me.
Try.
To keep up.
I'm two-stepping into forever.
~XXX~

No comments:

Post a Comment