Friday, December 11, 2009

Finals Week

I'm done with all of my finals. I'll spare you the details of the last two weeks, you'll get 'em right from the source in a bit.



My Intensive Korean classmates. Saw these people every morning for over 3 months. I'll miss them a lot.
From L to R, back row: Adam-MN,USA; Peter-Germany; Cheyenne-CHI, USA; Nyika-Japan; Rika-Japan
R to L front row: Prativa-Nepal; Soua-MN, USA; Giang-Vietnam; Hana-China; ZhouYang-China.
And Kim JiSun, our amazing professor in the front :D







The joke was always that our professor and ZhouYang were siblings.



Across from me in the back there is our other professor, Lee HwaYoung

















Friday night, after my Chinese History final, I went to see WTM in Itaewon. :D







HongGu, WTM Drummer, and JeongMin--Couple Pic. I'm SOOO glad this finally happened :D
They're both drummers in bands so it's adorable.



So for those of you who cannot read Korean:
The black characters at the top left of this sign are my name, "JaeImSu", and the big red font says "Singing Club"*
*A 'singing club' is one of many obscure forms of prostitution in Korea, where patrons pay a woman to sign karaoke with them and .......other stuff....
So that was the last few days, otherwise all I did was study, sleep, eat, go to exams, repeat.
See you all soon :D Now I have a week of chillin' at the Kwon Hotel, so excited for MiJin's mom's cooking every day! :D
~James


PREVIEW:
Something I want to do next spring is to document the varied problematic racial and ethnic representations in Seoul advertising and signage. There are a lot of bars, pool halls etc. just called "Indian" as well as other odd uses of Native American imagery in clothing stores and other places.

Kimbab (sushi roll) chain. Yikes.


Karaoke and bar.

1 comment:

  1. i like your idea for next spring. let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete