Friday, October 23, 2009

The Park


Trash "Sseuleki" Yang-Moses in all her glory


This weekend the Korea-Japan Oi/Punk Festival will dominate the better part of two days in the lives of local scene kids. The fest is on Saturday from 6pm to 6am with something like 20 bands.

Anyways,
It was a quiet Friday night, thought I'd just meet Jeff to hang out in the park. For about an hour and a half the park was strangely quiet and we didn't see anyone else we knew...
Until the bands from Japan and their Korean counterparts showed up arriving from the airport and the place turned into a zoo. The following pictures detail this crazy night (in no particular order) in ....

The Park, Hongdae





Skinheads playing on the playground
(So it was new to me too (being from the Midwest I suppose) that not all Skinheads are racist! Turns out there's a vibrant sub-culture that has nothing to do with Nazis (most of the time) and is more about Oi and punk music, the working class, and general hooliganism)











Verv relaying some Skinhead history




Jeff



International skinhead camaraderie
(they chased each other around and half-fought most of the night)


Drunk Ajusshi





MiJin leaving on the Subway


Skin advertising for Jinro Soju in front of KiSeok, who's Straight Edge, haha




Ki, Trash


Ki, my Straight Edge Hyeong :D
Tonight's the fest...I suppose I'll sleep(?) before I go since most of the bands I want to see are after 12am...it's ok, midterms are done, I can afford to sleep in on Sunday.
Have a good weekend everybody.
James

No comments:

Post a Comment