Saturday, September 12, 2009

Scenes of Ewha

Hello All!

I survived the first full week of classes (barely). When they say "Intensive Korean"...they mean it. Along with that I have three other classes all combined for a full load of 18 credits. As a reflection of my crazy week, I only have some pictures from around my campus! :D I'll just take this as a blessing in disguise that I can show all my friends and loved ones my lovely Ewha Campus.

But! No worries. This weekend I'm going to a concert on Friday and to a Korean Baseball League game on Saturday with June! His favorite team, the DooSan Bears, are playing, and then on Saturday, YuJin's taking me to tour Kyeongbokgun (the palace of the Choseon Dynasty). I can't wait!

The view from the International House rooftop garden.



~We'd pray to find our place. Take flight to Eastern skies, and when the winds change, we'll be blown back here---I'll see you when the sun sets.~


From the top of the mountain that Ewha sits on looking South over Seoul (it's just one tiny tiny part that you can see before the haze and smog obscure the view).



The Ewha Campus Center at night. (Looks peaceful at night, but it's all chattering and high heels in this dugout during the day*)




Little streets in front of Ewha.




One of the older buildings at Ewha. The university was founded by Presbyterian missionaries.

View from the 14th floor of the International Education Building.


Just on the skirt of this crazy Sinchon area, you can see a Buddhist temple and the mountains in the distance.

So that's the lovely Ewha, I'm sure it's going to get very beautiful when the colors start changing. When MiJin's done with her crazy stressful weeks of gallery-showing preparation, we might take a trip into the countryside (I can tell living in the city will stress me out eventually). Thinking of that makes me miss the WI wilderness...and on a related note...
My Dad's cousin, Jon Hillmer, is in the running for a Field and Stream "Heroes of Conservation" Award. You can see the Webisodes at this link. His feature is episode 9 and 10. I'm very proud of 'Cousin Jon' and he's following very closely in his father's footsteps by showing youngsters the beauty of Wisconsin. Along with my father and grandfather, Jon was one of the people that taught me everything I know about the outdoors and keeping it a place to enjoy for all time. Way to go Jon!

No comments:

Post a Comment