Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Calm Before the Storm


Hey Everyone! I started classes today. Wow. Korean language class was an eye-opener. I'm going to be learning a LOT. It's 2.5 hours of no-holds-barred, in-your-face Korean speaking, listening and writing. I'm going to be AWESOME at Korean for sure.

I'm also taking a history course, "China: 1949 to Present" and "Women, Culture, and Migration in Global Perspective" as well as my independent study on Japanese colonialism and historical memory.

Before classes started, however, I had time to meet my dear conversation partners who studied for 1 year at Madison, June and MiJeong! We went to Pizza Hut and had a sort of Korean fusion pizza that featured sweet potatoes and bulgogi (Korean barbecue).

I also ate dinner with MiJin's family at their home and my little buddy from my winter Korea trip (MiJin's mom's friend and neighbor, Park HwiSuhn) came over to see me too! It was a good couple of days and it's going to be a very interesting and busy semester.


MiJin and her parents.



Park-ajumma, the smallest lady IN LIFE!



They missed me :D




The mad scientist in her lab. :P



The old Amsa market overshadowed by the Hyundai-owned apartment complex (that MiJin lives in)




Amsa Market


I look pretty good next to her :O


June and MiJeong


MiJeong's new hair and 'Korean style' back from 'American casual' :P



Still a badass (I love this statue)



Treble Cleff fountain by MiJin's school Sang-Myeong University
(This pic's for you, Mitchum! :D )



Long view of Gwanghwamun and Gyeongbok Palace

1 comment:

  1. Hehe! I like the fountain! Wish I could get a picture standing next to it :(

    ReplyDelete