Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Moving Into Ewha-Samsung International House

Today I moved into my dorm at Ewha, but i'll have better pictures of my room in the daylight. For now I just have some pictures from outings with the new friends I'm making. Turns out, we have a LOT of European international students in this program. Within 10 min of being on campus I met 4 Germans (not to mention Swedish, Dutch, Chinese, and Japanese students to name a few others). After shopping for household supplies and groceries, some new friends and I went out to get Sang-gyeup-sa, or "Korean Barbecue", in Hongdae, the club/bar/artsy-fartsy district in front of Hongik University (just two subway stops from Ewha).






Pretty enticing eh? SoJu (Korean liquor), a SoJu girl, and ....raw pork......



J.L. Godard Cinema Bar (my favorite bar) where we discussed U.S. Healthcare and European social democracies with vibrant political scenes and parties (Marna, not pictured, told us about white nationalism on the rise in the Netherlands)---it's going to be an interesting semester with all these people from all over!

























I found a Mexican restaurant! Maybe one of a handul in this entire country! It's right near my dorm! yayyyyy


(guerilla art in an underground tunnel that connects two sides of a busy street in Sinchon)
More Gwanghwamun fountain pics... :D












In a sort of Korean-style Stimulus Package, the city of Seoul has been hiring a lot of elderly people to 'patrol' tourist areas (they mostly just yell at kids who are playing in the wrong water displays). This guy looked pretty stoic.





Here we have Phillip, Michael, Jenny, Soua and Taba (all from Germany except Soua, who goes to Madison!)


Show ya the room and more campus later.
-James






































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment